Sometimes all you need is a little break!
About a week ago, my mom and I took a mini road trip! We went shopping, stayed in a hotel, and ate delicious food! We did all of this within 24 hours and enjoyed every minute of it.
If you ever feel overwhelmed and have some time on your hands, take that time to yourself and plan yourself a mini getaway. It doesn’t have to be a road trip, rather it could be a day of fun activities close to where you live!
Some things you could do:
- Go to a spa
- Get a manicure or pedicure
- Movie night out
- Go to a hotel overnight (go swimming, eat out, relax!!)
Budget friendly ideas:
- Movie night in
- Build a fort (and watch your movie in it!)
- Try baking!
- Go to a park and pack a picnic
- Have a DIY day and make some cool crafts
- Play board games
Even if you don’t have a full 24 hours to put aside for yourself..you could always set aside an afternoon or an evening! Just make sure to take time to enjoy yourself 🙂
I absolutely love traveling! However, with traveling comes one small problem… it can be very expensive! Therefore as a student, it makes more sense for me to create a travel bucket list and check them off throughout my life. Here’s the list of everywhere I’m hoping to travel to in the future!
- Agra, India: Ever since I saw photos of the Taj Mahal, I’ve wanted to travel here! I think it would be such an amazing and eye opening experience to submerge myself in a new culture.
- Cuzco Region, Peru: Since my grade 10 Spanish class project, I’ve had the desire to go to Machu Picchu. It looks beautiful! Also, it sounds like a great place to get some good exercise (haha)!!
- Amsterdam, Netherlands: Amsterdam seems to be a perfect place to travel. Between the naturally beautiful architecture, to the historical destinations (Anne Frank House, Van Gogh Museum, etc..), Amsterdam seems breathtaking and I can’t wait to visit here.
- Australia: Need I say more? I mean, who doesn’t want to travel to Australia? Between the weather, the Great Barrier Reef, and…. kangaroos and koalas!!
- London, England: Honestly, the real reason I want to visit London (apart from the touristy things..) is to simply enjoy a London Fog… in London. Needless to say I have a slight obsession with this beverage…
Well there you have it folks! Those are the top destinations on my Travel Bucket List! Of course, I’m sure the more I explore, the more I will add to this list. But for the time being, here it is!
ps. If you’ve ever travelled to these destinations (or other ones not on my list) let me know how you liked them by commenting below!