I recently had the opportunity to travel around Ontario for a week. Although I was there for a curling bonspiel (fancy name for a tournament), I also got to sight see and explore downtown Toronto!
Here are some things I did and whether I would recommend them or not!
- CN Tower: There are two things to keep in mind when contemplating going up in the CN Tower. 1- If you are afraid of heights or are claustrophobic I would not recommend (The elevator ride up can last up to 2-3 minutes in a glass elevator slowly watching everything below you get smaller and smaller… its a bit daunting if you ask me!) 2- If you are on a tight budget, your time is better spent at the Aquarium. HOWEVER… if you have never been… it is still something pretty cool to check off the bucket list! The view is spectacular! (Just to go up the CN Tower it costs $35… and that basically only includes your elevator ride, the view & being able to walk over a glass floor)
Walking over the glass floor with a view of the aquarium!
Hiding how terrified I was to sit on this floor
View from outside
- Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada: I absolutely loved the aquarium! It’s a little bit pricey but well worth it! Definitely set aside 2-3 hours if you decide to visit here. There are shows throughout the day & you can see divers enter the tanks and they will teach you all about the aquatic life! I would consider the aquarium a must see!
Entrance to the aquarium
One of the many tanks
My new friend!
Eaton’s Centre: After the Aquarium my boyfriend and I took a lengthy walk to the Eaton’s Centre (mall). We spent tons of time walking around here and quickly began to realize that everything was extremely overpriced and we were better off shopping at home! Therefore, if you aren’t in search of a specific store you don’t normally get to visit… don’t waste your time here!
- Go Transit/ Go Train: I used the Go Train to get from the suburbs to downtown Toronto (Union Station). It was fairly easy to use and pretty quick (considering how long it takes via car). The only thing that is a little bit daunting are the amount of people you will bump into while walking around the station. ALSO, I didn’t take the train out of downtown to get home… but give yourself a little more time if you are planning to do so as Union Station is a little more complicated than the suburb stations!
All in all downtown Toronto was pretty cool!
Here are some things that took me by surprise:
- Everybody is always in a rush
- There are way more people than I expected
- Everything is fairly close to each other (makes it easy to see everything)
A few other photos I took:
Night view of CN Tower
Where the Blue Jays play!
Aquarium from outisde
I hope this helps you out with your next visit to Downtown Toronto!
I’m currently looking for people who would be interested/ wanting to brainstorm together and collab with me to create some amazing lifestyle posts!
Since I’m pretty new at the whole blogging thing, I’m hoping to find someone who’s interested in helping me grow!
If you’re at all interested leave a comment below and we can work something out 🙂
Along with a new month, comes new favourites! Here’s my new list for the month of March:
- Fresh Eyes – Andy Grammar
- All My Friends – Snakehips ft. Tinashe, Chance the Rapper
- Don’t Forget About Me – Cloves
- Without You – Oh Wonder
- Smile – Mikky Ekko
- Someone In the Crowd – La La Land
- No Regrets – Magic!
- Human – Rag’n’Bone Man
- Let It All Go – Birdy + Rhodes
- Come People – Xavier Rudd & the United Nations
These songs have all managed to make this list for multiple reasons. However the most important reason, for me, are the lyrics. Nearly all of these songs have a great message in their songs and the lyrics really helped me connect to them. I hope you all enjoy these songs as much as I do!
Switching from season to season always takes some work! For me, the biggest transition is winter to spring. From putting away all the winter clothes to bringing out all the new weather appropriate attire… it can be a lot of work!
Here are some essentials that I always make sure to take out right away:
- Columbia Fleece / Jacket : For me, this is the perfect fleece for spring! It is so versatile! On cold days you can layer it with more clothing to keep super warm, but if it warms up, you can simply use it as a jacket. It’s something that I’ve been wearing constantly… especially since it’s so comfy!
- Fashionable Rubber Boots: With the snow melting constantly… I live in rubber boots! However, there’s nothing pleasant about ruining a perfectly cute outfit with an ugly pair of rain boots. That’s why these are awesome! Obviously the ones I’ve linked are hardly affordable… but if you’re ever stuck… look at Costco!
- A New Spring Lip Colour: There’s nothing like finishing off a makeup look with a nice lipstick or lipgloss! However as soon as Spring hits it’s time to put away all the dark winter colours and update your look to new energetic spring colours! Here’s my personal favourite. It’s a light pinky beige and it has a matte finish!
There you have it! Some of my personal Spring favourites. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
Sometimes all you need is a little break!
About a week ago, my mom and I took a mini road trip! We went shopping, stayed in a hotel, and ate delicious food! We did all of this within 24 hours and enjoyed every minute of it.
If you ever feel overwhelmed and have some time on your hands, take that time to yourself and plan yourself a mini getaway. It doesn’t have to be a road trip, rather it could be a day of fun activities close to where you live!
Some things you could do:
- Go to a spa
- Get a manicure or pedicure
- Movie night out
- Go to a hotel overnight (go swimming, eat out, relax!!)
Budget friendly ideas:
- Movie night in
- Build a fort (and watch your movie in it!)
- Try baking!
- Go to a park and pack a picnic
- Have a DIY day and make some cool crafts
- Play board games
Even if you don’t have a full 24 hours to put aside for yourself..you could always set aside an afternoon or an evening! Just make sure to take time to enjoy yourself 🙂
I totally love music. Everything about it is perfect. I find it is one of the most relatable things in life as it always has so much to offer. With that being said, I want to post my favourite songs once a month!
I’m not really one who cares to always listen to the songs that are constantly replayed on the radio, therefore I hope this will be a good alternative for people who feel the same way!
Disclaimer: these are songs that I’ve been listening to most this month! (Not necessarily ones that came out around this month!)
I absolutely love traveling! However, with traveling comes one small problem… it can be very expensive! Therefore as a student, it makes more sense for me to create a travel bucket list and check them off throughout my life. Here’s the list of everywhere I’m hoping to travel to in the future!
- Agra, India: Ever since I saw photos of the Taj Mahal, I’ve wanted to travel here! I think it would be such an amazing and eye opening experience to submerge myself in a new culture.
- Cuzco Region, Peru: Since my grade 10 Spanish class project, I’ve had the desire to go to Machu Picchu. It looks beautiful! Also, it sounds like a great place to get some good exercise (haha)!!
- Amsterdam, Netherlands: Amsterdam seems to be a perfect place to travel. Between the naturally beautiful architecture, to the historical destinations (Anne Frank House, Van Gogh Museum, etc..), Amsterdam seems breathtaking and I can’t wait to visit here.
- Australia: Need I say more? I mean, who doesn’t want to travel to Australia? Between the weather, the Great Barrier Reef, and…. kangaroos and koalas!!
- London, England: Honestly, the real reason I want to visit London (apart from the touristy things..) is to simply enjoy a London Fog… in London. Needless to say I have a slight obsession with this beverage…
Well there you have it folks! Those are the top destinations on my Travel Bucket List! Of course, I’m sure the more I explore, the more I will add to this list. But for the time being, here it is!
ps. If you’ve ever travelled to these destinations (or other ones not on my list) let me know how you liked them by commenting below!
Welcome to my brand new blog!
On here I will be posting a variety of different content. Here are some examples of things I will be sharing with you:
- How To’s: I will share with you some things I’ve learnt throughout my own experience.
- Life Updates: These will be (hopefully) some relatable posts which reflect my day to day life and allow me to document some fun & important events!
- Miscellaneous: Here is some space for random other things which I enjoy (cooking, exploring, travelling, etc…)
I can’t wait to share everything with you!